Floida Bible Institute
Page 1 of 3 Pages
The Temple of the Holy Spirit
Scripture Readings: I Corinthians 6:12-20; II Timothy 2:19-22; I Peter 2:1-17
John 14:16-18 or I Corinthians 6:19-20
Lesson Objectives: To understand the reality of Colossians 1:27 ' . . . which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory.'
Introduction: Now that you have been 'Born Again', you must come to an understanding of who you really are in Christ Jesus! You must understand that you are now indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God. You are now indwelt by the creative power of the Universe. You are now 'in Christ' and Christ Jesus is seated at the right hand of God the Father! You now have access to the throne of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in Christ Jesus you now have access to the throne of God the Father. Once you better understand who you are in Christ Jesus, and all that is available to you in Christ Jesus as an intercessor, - - that your have 'Throne Rights' by which you can represent others to God the Father and God the Father to others you become an increasingly greater threat to the 'kingdom of darkness'. May God richly bless you as you come to grips with these 'eternal truths'. Carefully consider your answers to the following questions so that you will better understand your threat to the 'kingdom of darkness' as one who represents the 'Kingdom of Light' and your blessing as the 'Temple of The Holy Spirit'!
I. The Indwelling Christ
1. What in your opinion was Christ Jesus saying to His disciples in John 14:16-18?
2. In John 14:17, how did Jesus tell His
disciples that "the Spirit of Truth" (the Holy Spirit) would be
available to them?
3. What did the Angel Gabriel prophesy concerning the relationship of John the Baptist and the
Holy Ghost, (Holy Spirit) in Luke 1:5-17?
4. Did John the Baptist live before or after Calvary?_____________________________________
5. Do you think those disciples who were present when Jesus spoke as He did in John 20:22
received the Holy Spirit at that time? (Explain your answer).
6. What does Acts 2:4 teach with respect to man
being "indwelt" by the Holy Spirit?
7. What does Acts 2:4 teach with respect to those who were present in John 20:22?
8. Define your understanding of I Corinthians 6:19.
9. Define the statement of Paul the Apostle to the church as stated in Galatians 2:20.
10. In your opinion, what was Peter saying in I Peter 2:5 to:
The individual believer?
(2) The entire body of believers, i.e., The Church?
11. After reading Colossians 1:27-29,
what truth do you see being expressed in these verses?
II. Based on the study you have just completed, complete the following:
1. The Holy Spirit is also referred to in Scripture as:(choose all correct answers)
( ) Comforter
( ) Spirit of Truth
( ) Holy One of Israel
( ) Holy Ghost
2. I understand from the Scriptures that the Holy Spirit:(choose all correct answers)
( ) is available to me
( ) indwells me
( ) is beside me
( ) will guide me
3. John the Baptist was "filled" with the Holy Ghost:(choose the correct answer)
( ) from his mother's womb
( ) when circumcised
( ) when entering ministry
( ) at his baptism
4. Paul declares that he does the work that he does as a result of:(choose the correct answer)
( ) his anointing
( ) Christ in him
( ) his ability as a Jew
( ) his heritage
5. Based on scriptures studied in this lesson, I_________indwelt by Holy Spirit.
6. What is your understanding of
Conclusion: With the truths that you have now discovered or had reinforced as a result of this Bible Study, why don't you prayerfully, day by day, submit yourself to the Lordship of the Lord Jesus Christ, to represent Him in all that you are, and, in all that you do. Amen!!
Copyright ã 2002
By CHALLENGE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL, INC
No reproduction of this material may be made by photocopying mechanical means or in any other form without prior written permission from this ministry.