Florida Bible Institute
I. A New Creation
1. II Corinthians 5:17 assures us that if any man be "in Christ" he is a "new creation", i.e., a "new creature".
2. II Corinthians 5:17 assures us that "all" things have become new in the life of a Believer.
3. To be a "new creation" (creature) means that through the "new birth" by being "born agin" the Believer
has by the grace of God become a "new person.
4. The phrase "all things are become new" means that, in Jesus Christ, through the new birth, our desires,
emotions, practices, habits, likes and dislikes are progressively changing.
5. With respect to Romans 6:6 and following our old "sin nature" has ben put to death, co-crucified with
Christ Jesus and as a "new creation" we have become "partakes of the divine nature". (2 Peter 1:4)
6. Galatians 2:20 reveals the same truth as Romans 6:6, in a more expressive, expanded way!
II. The New Nature (II Peter 1:4)
1. According to the scriptures the Believer has been made a partaker of the Divine nature!
2. It is the nature of a thing to reveal by its actions, attitudes, reactions, and lifestyles what it is and to
reproduce after its own kind.
3. Romans 6:16-18, and II Peter 1:4 assures us that we as Believers are empowered by Christ Jesus to
live the life we are instructed to live.
4. We will sin, (I John 1:8) but, the one who has truly been "born again" has the "seed of God" in them
and will not - cannot go on indefinitely in a known lifestyle of sin and rebellion against God.
Both (1) and (2) are self explanatory in the lesson itself.
5. The Believer does not have to commit any sin that they have time to think about and consider before
they actually comit the sin.