Florida Bible Institute
The Bible - The Word of God
I. Examining verses that declare that the Bible is the Word of God and that God is the
1. Your were to read 2 Timothy 3:16 - 17
2. You were to paraphrase 2 Timothy 3:16 - 17
3. God Himself inspired the Bible, both the New Testament and the Old Testament.
It is therefore, "God Breathed", God inspired and totally reliable in its revelation of
truth. The scriptures clearly state that "all scripture" is given by inspiration of God.
(2 Tim 3:16)
4. Inspiration means that, God by His Spirit moved on the hearts and minds of the writers.
They were in a sense, His secretaries, revealing His thoughts and message to mankind.
5. "Profitable for Doctrine" means it is useful, puposeful and adapted to the giving of
instruction and for correction. It is a trustworthy basis on which the decisions of life can
be made. The scriptures are the only means of determining biblical truth.
6. "For Reproof" means, that it is trustworthy in correcting our faulty thinking, actions and
attitudes. The scriptures are the standard by which all the issues of life can be tested and
7. "For Correction" means, it is trustworthy in our reformation, in our setting right our
understanding in morals, of right living. The scriptures are the means of correction in
order to restore one to an upright condition, correction ones lifestyle, attitudes,
philosophies, doctrines and character.
8. "For Instruction in Righteousness" means for instruction in righteousness. The scriptures
will not only teach us that which is just and right, but, will also reveal to us that which
needs to be corrected and implemented in our lives in order to live a Holy life.
II. Both God and Man had a role in writing the Bible
1. God moved upon the spirits, souls, hearts, and emotions of Holy men, and those Godly
men recorded that which was impressed and revealed to them by God.
III. Based On 2 Timothy 3:16 the Bible:
1. All three are correct
2. Either (3) or (4) or both are correct
3. Both (3) and (4) are correct
IV. Concerning Reading and Studying the Bible
1. You were to explain your
understanding of John 5:39; Colossians 3:16; Romans 10:17;
Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; and Hebrews 1:1-3. Following are the correct answers
to this part of the assignment.
Reading and studing the Bible reveals Christ. John 5:39
Reading and studing the Bible increases wisdom. - Col 3:16
Reading and studying the Bible produces faith. - Rom 10:17
Reading and studing the Bible reveals us to ourselves. Hebrews 4:12
Reading and studying the Bible corrects our lives. - 2 Timothy 3:16 -17
Reading and studing the Bible reveals God. Heb 1:1-3
V. The Bible speaks to every area of our lives.
1. In your own
words, explain how each of the following scriptures speaks to the beliver.
Ephesians 5:25 - speaks to the husbands relationship with his wife.
Proverbs 22:6 - speaks to the proper way to raise a child.
Matthew 22:39 - speaks to mans relationship to man
Luke 6:31 - speaks to business principles.
Ephesians 5:22 - speaks to the wife's relationship to her husband.
2 Corinthians 9:6 - speaks to individual finances as does Luke 6:38
Matthew 22:37 - speaks to man's relationship to God
Proverbs 3:20-23 - speaks to mans health issues.